So you want to know What is Karma?
Am I right? ;)
Karma is defined as a universal law that has a direct correlation with all other laws – physical and metaphysical – which control all of creation.
Karma itself means “action” and this why it is called “Karmic Power.”
Basically, all your actions – good and bad – are returned to you, sooner or later in the course of your life.
It’s true and it can be frightening, but only if you have a dirty conscience!
Trust me, if you have something to pay, surely you are already doing it in some way, or you have already done, or you will do.
So, for today, you might focus on how to improve your life and specifically your online activities through the “Karmic Power”.
What has Online Marketing to do with Karma?
Too often online we, as online marketers, seem more calculators than human beings. We spend hours studying the number of analytics, on the keyword tools, on the social media and so on. We look for patterns, repetitions of behaviors that may indicate some signals, some truth about our target audience.
Too often we ask ourselves thousand questions, but the right ones are : “Which problems have my users?”, “How can I help them?”.
One of the small things that I have discovered during my online experience as blogger and online marketer is that behind all these numbers, there are real people. Yes, it may seem silly, but one thing is to know something and another thing is to be aware of that.
If the “Karmic Power” associated with my actions, will come back to me every time I do something, then, I will consider my users as real people rather than “Unique Visitors”.
I will respect them, and give them interesting content (the best I can do) and I will be available when they will need help. This is what connect Online Marketing with Karma.
A more human approach to marketing improve the experience of all your audience.
In short, you should offer help to those who need it, even if it is for free. The recognition of these people will make a difference for your business, for your brand and even the emotions you feel about it.
Read Also: 4 Reasons Your Blog Will Never Grow!
What to Do to Transform Your Business?
Do you know which problems have your users and potential customers?
If your answer is no (and you can read this also if you said yes), then you should follow these simple steps. Trust me they’re too easy to follow! :D
Start listening to the people around you:
– use Twitter, Facebook, forums, the comments in the blog posts of your niche. All these are areas of discussion where you can find out the problems of your audience;
– use Google AdWords Keyword Tool in order to find what your users are really looking for.
Open a channel of communication :
– you can create an account on Twitter and start offering free assistance from there. With TweetDeck you can monitor conversations and receive a notification every time someone tweets to request for your help;
– create an account on any site that is taking requests for help in your niche;
– if you have a blog, then set up an easy contact and comment form, in order to be in touch with you;
– create a real online service center, even if you are alone. Others like yourself could come together to help you along the way!
Offer help whenever you can & do it for free as long as it is sustainable
– you will clean your negative karma (if you have any) and you will start to accumulate positive Karma;
– people will look differently at you, and this will help your brand;
– you will feel happier, perhaps, but certainly this will make others happy. Isn’t it! ;)
In short, if you have difficulties to interact with your potential customers, offer them free assistance. Answer their small questions. Show them the solutions. And ask them how things are going. They will surely thank you and this will give you a whole new charge (Karmic Power) !
How to Track the ROI of your Online Karma
For anything you do, you will have always something back (theorically) : a positive emotion, a gain or a recognition.
This also applies to Online Karma (can we call it like this?). So you may want to check some metrics that will help you understand your online success. These metrics are, for instance :
– Twitter : how many people thank you after you helped them. How many retweets you receive. How many new followers do you have?
– Facebook : how many “like” do you receive? How many shares? How many clicks on your new updates?
– Your blog : how many comments are you receiving on your post? How many people ask you to collaborate with their sites? How many new members have you contacted for your new online courses?
Can we call the above mentioned metrics also Social Signals?
And are not the Social Signals a metric chosen by Google in its new algorithm update to judge your site in the rankings?
All these signals clearly results in:
– traffic and ranking increased on your site;
– average time spent on your blog improved;
– reduction of the bounce rate and increased pageviews;
– the numbers of new sign up to your newsletter improved;
– increase of your affiliate sales. (means more money! ) :D
There are a huge number of tools in order to check your social media influence. Choose the ones you like more and stick with them, in order to monitor your social signals.
Don’t forget to read : 5 Basic Pillars of Creating Successful and Profitable Blog!
Conclusion : Online Karma Make Money!
The recent online fears caused by the new Google updates, should not shake at all your activity and your online business.
As long as you work hard to give your audience real quality of service and high level of assistance, you will never have to fear again any future Google update.
And you? What do you think? Are you one of those who help the community?
Do you think that Karma is a New Age bullshit, or do you believe that good actions make good business?