Google is getting strict day by day. They changed their policies recently.
The big one is Adsense Hosted Account..
So What is Adsense Hosted Account?
The account that you got approved from their hosted sites like YouTube, Blogspot or Hubpages.
That mean if you got Adsense using the Adsense hosted sites like youtube, blogspot or hubpages. You can’t use this Adsense account on any other domain name/site.
Let me tell you the difference between Adsense hosted account and normal account
- Adsense Hosted account: You can show Adsense ads using this account only on Youtube, BlogSpot, Hubpages (Sites which let you apply for Adsense and use ad codes on their domain)
- Normal Account: You can use this account on any Sites/Domain owned by you.
This is the one and only difference between the normal Adsense account and the AdSense hosted account.
You’ve to remove the label Adsense hosted account in order to show ads on any other site/domain.
Here is how to do that.
You can do so by filling a form , Google will manually review your application and website. They’ll upgrade your Adsense account to normal.
Few things to remember:
To upgrade Adsense hosted account to normal account. You need a quality website. Google is not going to approve any spammy blog or the one with poor content.
We’ve wrote a complete detail article on tips before applying for Adsense. Here are some quick tips you must follow before requesting Google to upgrade your Adsense hosted account to normal account.
- You must be 18+. So Make sure to use the payee name same as on your bank account
- Apply using a top level domain like .com , .net, .org
- Write quality content and optimize it for search engines
- Make your website fast loading.
- Use good looking themes, I prefer Elegant Themes
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- On the Home tab, visit the Account settings page.
- In the “Access and authorization” section, next to “Only host sites are allowed to show ads for your account,” click edit.
- On the “Show ads on other websites” page that appears, enter the URL of the site where you plan to show ads.
- Click Submit.
Now after submitting the application, you’ve to add the adsense code in the blog you submitted in above step.
Here is how to do.
- Sign in to your account. Visit the My ads tab.
- From the sidebar, choose “Content.”
- Click +New ad unit.
- In the next step Name and customize your ad unit.
- View details about the settings.
- Click Save and get code.
Now place that code in your blog that you submitted in the step mentioned above.
Google will manually review your application. It can take few days to week.
You’ll get email about approval or disapproval. Even if your Application is rejected, don’t worry. You will be able to use Adsense on Hosted sites like Blogspot or Youtube.
Are you using Google Adsense? Is it Hosted or normal account?
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me in comments.