Difference Between Short Length Post Vs Length Posts – What’s Best?

The size of your post matters a lot at the time you submit or publish it on the internet.

If your article is either very short or long, it won’t be suit to numerous sites.

Similarly, this is also applicable in case of blog post. You will actually lose visitors if your blog post does not have perfect length. The losing of visitors will ultimately lose your customers and sales. Thus, it is necessary for you to be very careful about the length of your post.

Here is a comparison between short length post and length posts.

Difference Between Short Length Post Vs Length Posts - What's Best?

1. Short length post:

Below are some advantages of short length post that are discovered at the time of writing:

Grab attention of readers:

Readers online have short span of attention. It is said that one can concentrate less than 2 minute on an article carefully.

After that the concentration depends on the quality of the article. If your article is good and useful for the users, they will read it till the end.

Thus, with some short post, the readers get engaged in reading those. The small and interesting post can easily catch the eyes of the readers.

Easy to write:

Obviously, they are very easy to write. With a short one, you can adjust the schedule of posting as well as its flexibility. You can also try to publish post daily, and keep the readers busy in reading and commenting on the post by the technique of short posting.

2. Long Length post:

The long post consist of more than 1000 words.

Sometimes, they are of 2000 words that are pretty long. However, lengthy post also has their advantages. Here are some of the advantages of length post:

Pillar content attracting traffic overtime:

Length content is a strong method of content strategy in a blog.

True overtime of traffic is a huge advantage of length content. I

n the recent years, length content still hold the position of true content, and people know that it is the foundation guideline for some of the topics.

For an instance, a number of famous length content in the internet attracts very heavy traffic overtime. If this type of content is interesting, then people utilize lot of time to read it fully, ultimately resulting in the traffic overtime.

Covers the topic deeply:

As you write this content that consists of more than 1000 words, you must have to brainstorm strongly, and apply all the information to make it interesting, in the course of writing it.

Length post covers wide topic like SEO, website, or building back links for a specific blog.

It covers the topic very deeply as it consist more words in comparison to short post that covers only the main matter of the topic. Thus, deep cover is a big advantage of length content, which helps the reader to deeply explain the topic. A question always arises that which one is the best-

Final Words.

Sometimes, short length post are helpful for the readers like in case of basic information, short topics etc. whereas, in some cases length post is significant like in case of long explanation, deep view, better idea etc.

Size depends on a specific situation. Both of the posts have their own advantages fulfilling specific requirements.

Try to provide more useful content to your readers. Even a 500 words post can go viral or 1500 words too.

Learn How To Create Awesome Content That Worth Reading

Which post do you recommend? Long or Short Length? Do post length really matters? Share your views in comments.

Image Credit  : bitrebels..com

This post was written on behalf of designmodo

Article by

A blogger, web designer, front-end developer and WordPress expert since 2011. I started this blog during high school. I’ve gone from 0 to $3,000+ per month all in my spare time. Here I share what I've learned so far and what I continue to learn through blogging so that I can be of assistance in some way to improve your blog. Interested?

Ammar has written 164 awesome articlesfor us.

Comment below, let me know what do you think?
  1. says

Great post as I have been worried about length. My last few posts on tax and estate topics have been over 2,200 words. The posts are very comprehensive but I worry that I may lose my readers because of the length and technical or advanced nature of the posts? What do you think?

2. Andrew Gill says

Nice article.According to me length doesn’t matter because sometimes short posts gets more popular then long post because of the information including in it.It depends on writer.If knowledge is not present in long post then readers gets bore form the post.So try to make your post attractive and affective.

3. Ahsan says

The length of article depends mainly on niche. There is a debate which type post get most popularity – short or long. Definitely long post makes readers engage more than short post. But sometimes short post gets more popularity than long post. It is mainly depends on niche. It is mainly a blogger’s specialty what type of article we write & how can we engage the readers more in our site.

Thanks for elaborate discussion :)

4. santosh says

in my way short post is more better than a long post because if you write it like a quality post and it also takes lesser time than the long post , i m not saying that long post is not good for a blog but always write effective and quality posts.
    thanks Ammar!!

5. says

I think that length of the post depends on the subject.I like that every once in a while it okay to write long post but if you have to much to say it might be better to make it into a series instead

6. says

Yes, This is called the right answer… I completely agree with you…
    But i think that the post must be atleast 300 words and the long post should not be that long that it starts boring the readers otherwise no one will read it,.

7. says

Yes I have to agree with a lot of the above comments….blog posts have a lot of factors determining length.

If you are posting on your ADD blog, you probably want to keep it LONG.

If you are posting on your In-depth Dislexia blog, you probably want it SHORT.

Er, wait, I always mix things up.

8. says

Ammar, thanks for treating this topic here. I have been writing fairly short posts all along. But recently I changed my mind and decided to provide real engaging content for my readers and it is producing positive results. Treating important topics with lengthy posts makes you a true authority in the field. Anybody can produce short posts, but not all can produce lengthy posts that are truly meaningful.

9. Harman says

Most of my posts are of nearly 500-700 words but my website is getting a good number of visitors. My question is if the niche has short term written post then how to write long posts??

10. Ravi says

I guess Only Bloggers try to Read the Lengthy Blog posts to Know and research the Topic but the Search Engine traffic is generally limited to the SubHeadings. They Don’t take efforts to read the Whole Articles. Hence one should choose length properly according to its audience

11. Felix Lee says

As a constant reader of different blogs, I prefer short length posts. But of course, it should be short but contains enough information to keep me satisfied with what I read.

12. says

Yes, the size of the content is totally depended on the situation and mostly the topic covering. But in my case, i usually try to cover the whole point under 500 words (for the single post) whenever it’s possible. On the process, post gets effective and efficient, with no worry if the readers gets boredom on reading..!

13. says

My goal is 500 words. Sometimes that turns out to be 510 but other times up to 800. I feel like if I go longer than that I will lose people.

But I also think some of it depends on your niche.